A dental implant is an artificial tooth root which is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement crown in place. It looks, feels and functions like your own teeth. It is made up of highly biocompatible titanium metal.
- If you are missing one tooth,an implant can be better than traditional Bridge Bridge requires the dentist to cut down neighboring healthy teeth for support. Dental Implant replaces only the missing tooth, preserving bone and keeping the neighboring teeth healthy.
- If you are missing more than one tooth,more dental implants are required. This technique eliminates the need for troublesome adhesives and uncomfortable metal clasps.
- If you need full Dentures, then implant supported dentures is the best alternative. Traditionally, poorly fitting dentures impair the way you eat, the way you talk and the way you look. There is continuous bone resorption leading to irreversible facial changes. Dental Implants improve the comfort and stability of dentures.
- Two stage dental implants: The replacement is completed in 2 stages which are spread over an interval of minimum 3 months. The first stage involves the placement of the implant and requires one to two visits. The second stage involves the placement of the artificial crown.
- One stage dental implant: Certain cases can be done in just one stage for the placement of implant and crown.